Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

cvoos

Dashboard Refresh

Hello,

I'm having an issue that I feel is really unusual.  To refresh my data, I use excel to refresh my dataset and then save it to my business one-drive.  Then I go into the Power BI internet site and click refresh now next to the dataset.  I know this is working properly because all of my reports are refreshed and up to date.  What I can't figure out is the items I pin to the dashboard from the report won't refresh don't refresh when I go to the dashboard.  I have to repin each item to the dashboard to get the correct figures.  This just started being an issue for me and I can't figure out what's going on.  Any feedback is appreciated.

Thanks!

Chris

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@cvoos Typically it takes 10-15 minutes for the tiles to update. Although there have been many threads where individuals are saying the tiles never update... so it isn't outside the realm of possibility.

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Syndicate_Admin
Administrator
Administrator

Did you get a solution to this issue?

I too have a Power BI dashboard that will not automatically refresh after a data set refresh. I have tried a scheduled refresh & Refresh now. Neither updated the dashboard (waited over a day). The only way I appear to be able to refresh the dashboard is to manually go into it and refresh.

Any suggestions - Thanks

kcantor
Community Champion
Community Champion

My visuals still are not updating and have not updated in over a month without using a work around or three. I have sent the saved files from Fiddler's Trace in so Iw ill post here if/when this is solved.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

That would be great.  I'm puzzleed because the models are performeing well (without issue).

@cvoos Typically it takes 10-15 minutes for the tiles to update. Although there have been many threads where individuals are saying the tiles never update... so it isn't outside the realm of possibility.

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors