Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Shanebenedict
Frequent Visitor

Daily Sales Excel File

Dear All,

We receive a sales file everyday from our distributor via email is there anyway to have this linked to Power BI if i save it in a specific folder? Since they are a distributor they will not give us access to the SAP data as there are other companies in thier database as well.

6 REPLIES 6
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Shanebenedict,

You can get data from multiple Excels use Folder data source and combine data with Power Query. Please refer to this article: Using Power Query to Combine Data from Multiple Excel Files into One Table .

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Its a daily file which means that the sales for yesterday will appear for todays report as well and so on and so forth until the closing of the month which is by the 2nd of the month. After that the new sheet is sent to us for the next month.

I would like to save that file in a drive and have it update automatically without going inside and linking the new excel everyday.

Anonymous
Not applicable

That is exactly what Power BI (Power Query) does.

You only have to define the file directory in question once.

Every new added xlsx file will be imported automatically.

Hope this helps.

Please see attached error when i am importing the data, is this because the excel file is a 97-2003 worksheet?Error.jpg

If i try to insert this via the get data and file, please see below message.

Error.png

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Shanebenedict

Yes, it is possible to get data from a folder.

-> get data

-> File

-> from Folder

Greetings

Hp Pfister

grafik.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors