Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

madmanmark198
Frequent Visitor

DAX to pull in data from another table

I have a 2 tables of data containing event dates but I need to combine them together into a single column.   What I would like to do is create a column of data combining both dates into this column.

So effectivly if Event Date in Table 1 = Blank then use Event Date in Table 2.

There would never be dates in both columns so they would never overlap.

I was thinking this would be best done in PowerQuery but I could be wrong.  If someone could please advise that would be great.  Happy to provide screenshots of the tables in question etc...

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
PabloDeheza
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi there!

I would suggest doing this in Power Query as it is more powerful for modeling. This can be achieved by selecting the two columns you need to merge, right clicking on one of them and selecting "Merge Columns"

PabloDeheza_0-1660653481458.png

Let me know if that helps!

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
PabloDeheza
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi there!

I would suggest doing this in Power Query as it is more powerful for modeling. This can be achieved by selecting the two columns you need to merge, right clicking on one of them and selecting "Merge Columns"

PabloDeheza_0-1660653481458.png

Let me know if that helps!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors