Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

DAX How to check if text contacts strikethrough

Hi there,

Does anyone know if there is a way to filter out rows where the text contains strikethrough (line across text / crossed out text)?

My query source is excel sheet.

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-frfei-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

Based on my test, If I import the data with strikethrough in power bi desktop. We cannot get it as the picture below.

un.PNG

Also it is not supported to set the font of the data in power bi currently. You can come up a new idea and add your comments there to make this feature coming sooner.

https://ideas.powerbi.com/forums/265200-power-bi-ideas

Community Support Team _ Frank
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the others find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Jimmy801
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hello @Anonymous 

have you been able to solve the problem with the replies given?

If so, please mark it as solution (to help other users find useful content and to acknowledge the work of users that helped you)
Kudoes are nice too

All the best

Jimmy

v-frfei-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

Based on my test, If I import the data with strikethrough in power bi desktop. We cannot get it as the picture below.

un.PNG

Also it is not supported to set the font of the data in power bi currently. You can come up a new idea and add your comments there to make this feature coming sooner.

https://ideas.powerbi.com/forums/265200-power-bi-ideas

Community Support Team _ Frank
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the others find it more quickly.

Hi @Anonymous ,

if you're desparate to get this information (and have a bit time and patience to your hands), then you could go down the rabbithole and retrieve this information from the parsed xml-files. In the function mentioned here : https://www.thebiccountant.com/2017/08/18/how-to-import-from-excel-with-cell-coordinates-in-power-query-and-power-bi/  you find the way how to extract the xmls using Power Query. But then you'd have to find your own way to the formatting data and match that back to the values that the native connector imported. 

But this might be a lot of work...

Imke Feldmann (The BIccountant)

If you liked my solution, please give it a thumbs up. And if I did answer your question, please mark this post as a solution. Thanks!

How to integrate M-code into your solution -- How to get your questions answered quickly -- How to provide sample data -- Check out more PBI- learning resources here -- Performance Tipps for M-queries

Jimmy801
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hello @Anonymous 

there is no way to read the format of a cell. It reads only the content of the cell, not the property. The only way you solve this is to implement a conditional formatting in Excel, that does formatting according to a cell value and then read the cell value in Power BI.

Hope this helps

Jimmy

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors