Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

bencheuch

Custom sorting month and Total Sales by Custom Period

Hello everyone,

I am struggling to achieve something using Power Query and Power Pivot and I hope someone can give me some hints to achieve it. I believe I should use some kind of combinaison of FILTER and CALCULATE but I am blocked.

I want to create some Sales reports for my company. In my company, we are working with products catalogues, that occur twice a year. In other words it means that one year of work starts from the 1st of Octobre and ends on the 30th of September.
I would like to achieve 2 things :

• Get the Sales Amount per Month per Customer per Catalogue (also display 0 if no sales were made on that month)
    • AND get the Sales Amount from same month from last year
  • Get a dedicated measure that makes the Sum of all the months in the catalogue (so from Octobre to Septembre next year)
    • AND get the same measure but from the previous catalogue

To create my custom order, I first created a Calendar Table, then LeftJoin a text column having the month in the order I need (1-October, 2-November,... 12-September).
So far in a Power Pivot Table the Custom order by catalogues seems to be working. I can also make every customer appear even if they did not order on a specific month.
However I can not get the Sales_LastYear to work. I usually could make it work by using 

=CALCULATE([Sales]; PARALLELPERIOD('CALENDAR'[Date];-12;MONTH))

but it is not working with my Custom Order.

Also regarding the TotalSalesCatalogue I tried creating a calculated column using GroupBy but it is not working, and I know that I should (almost) always use Measure instead of anything else.

In other words this is what I currently have :

work_so_far.png

This is what the expected output :

expected_output.png

EDIT : here is the link download my file from Google Drive : https://drive.google.com/drive/u/1/folders/1JUTHwcUw-peWfbKQPpW2t3jZaPGZmqRM

Thanks in advance,
With regards

3 REPLIES 3

Thank you sir, I updated my post 🙂

Your sample data is missing transactions for "last year". Please check.

lbendlin_0-1669584580722.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors