Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

russellice
Frequent Visitor

Custom Slicers for Specific Users

I am trying to setup custom scorecards for specific departments/people. Is there a way to create custom slicers so that only their department and/or their name/specific login shows up when they view the file?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@russellice This sounds like you want to apply row level security. Essentially, this will modify the information in the model/report to be filtered to each individual. ankitpatira posted a blog about it here on the community. This is going to be your best option for getting something custom per user.

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

@russellice This sounds like you want to apply row level security. Essentially, this will modify the information in the model/report to be filtered to each individual. ankitpatira posted a blog about it here on the community. This is going to be your best option for getting something custom per user.

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors