Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
oanam
Helper I
Helper I

Currency code not found

Hi,

I have an xe.com connection ( https://www.xe.com/currencytables/?from=GBP ) established a few months ago and I already built some measures on it using the rate of the currency exchange. All of a sudden, this error comes up and the 'Currency Code' column seems nowhere to be found from the source:

oanam_0-1618316034794.png

When I try to reestablish the web connection using the link above (https://www.xe.com/currencytables/?from=GBP which worked in the past), this shows up :

oanam_1-1618317354385.png

My question is:

1. How can I fix it? Does this happen because xe.com might have changed the names of the table columns or simply restricted its access to users?

2. How can I find all calculations I created using 'Currency code' (which doen't load anymore) in my fields so that I delete them because now my whole report doesn't refresh anymore and I am stuck.

Thank you very much !

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
lbendlin
Super User III
Super User III

yes, the API has a cost. Maybe you can find other FX sites that offer a free API.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
lbendlin
Super User III
Super User III

yes, the API has a cost. Maybe you can find other FX sites that offer a free API.

View solution in original post

lbendlin
Super User III
Super User III

You don't seem to be using their API connection. Have you been web scraping this until now?

Hi, I was using the web connector all this time which seemed to work fine until now. I will investigate more on the API - is this a service you need to pay for?

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI User Groups

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group!

MBAS on Demand

Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions

On-demand access to all the great content presented by the product teams and community members! #MSBizAppsSummit #CommunityRocks

MBAS Attendee Badge

Claim Your Badge & Digital Swag!

Check out how to claim yours today!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors