Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

oanam
Helper I
Helper I

Currency code not found

Hi,

I have an xe.com connection ( https://www.xe.com/currencytables/?from=GBP ) established a few months ago and I already built some measures on it using the rate of the currency exchange. All of a sudden, this error comes up and the 'Currency Code' column seems nowhere to be found from the source:

oanam_0-1618316034794.png

When I try to reestablish the web connection using the link above (https://www.xe.com/currencytables/?from=GBP which worked in the past), this shows up :

oanam_1-1618317354385.png

My question is:

1. How can I fix it? Does this happen because xe.com might have changed the names of the table columns or simply restricted its access to users?

2. How can I find all calculations I created using 'Currency code' (which doen't load anymore) in my fields so that I delete them because now my whole report doesn't refresh anymore and I am stuck.

Thank you very much !

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
lbendlin
Super User
Super User

yes, the API has a cost. Maybe you can find other FX sites that offer a free API.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
lbendlin
Super User
Super User

yes, the API has a cost. Maybe you can find other FX sites that offer a free API.

lbendlin
Super User
Super User

You don't seem to be using their API connection. Have you been web scraping this until now?

Hi, I was using the web connector all this time which seemed to work fine until now. I will investigate more on the API - is this a service you need to pay for?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors