Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Cube and Power BI Embedded

Hello,

is there any way to have power bi embedded work with a cube?

thanks,

4 REPLIES 4
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous,

The On-Premises Data Gateway is not supported with Power BI Embedded at this time. This means you cannot use DirectQuery with SSAS cube. But you can use Import mode in desktop. In this way, you will not be able to refresh that data within Power BI Embedded. For more information, see: Connect to a data source.

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello @v-qiuyu-msft, thanks for the reply. any info you can share about when this is going to be supported by Powerbi embedded? 

Hi @Anonymous,

I didn't get any information about SSAS cube timeline in Power BI Embedded. I think once it's available, you can find the information in the article mentioned in my previous post.

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

@Anonymous The only refreshable data sources are Direct Query to Azure SQL DB or Azure SQL DW. You can import from data sources, but there is no refresh.

So if you mean you want to live connect to the SSAS instance and have it refresh, or be live, then the answer is "not currently"

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors