Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Creating a Dataflow from a SharePoint Online list, get-There was an error in the OAuth popup window

I am attempting to create a dataflow to a SharePoint Online list. When I attempt to sign in, I am getting "There was an error in the OAuth popup window ". I have tried this with IE11, Edge, and Chrome and get the same result. I disabled the pop-up blocker for all three browsers and enable 3rd party cookies. If I open a second window, I can successfully log into SharePoint online. I can also successfully log into Power BI with my Pro license.

Any idea how I can get past this login issue?

Regards,

Randy

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks.

I already tried the links you provided.

Here's what worked, at least in IE:

• I launched my SHarePoint site and logged in.
  • In a second tab I launched Power BI and attempted to create the dataflow.
  • After receiving the error, I opened a second tab and launched Power BI, leaving the first Power BI tab open.
  • I was then able to create the dataflow.

I didn't try clearing my cache.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-juanli-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous 

You could find some useful suggestions from the similar thread:

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/There-was-an-error-in-the-OAuth-popup-window/td-p/640433

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Service/SharePoint-list-and-Power-Bi/td-p/663262

If this doesn't provide a valid solution for your scenario, you could try clear browsing data, then sign in again.

(maybe you chose the wrong  authencation type before, then it stores in web browser.

You could try to connect to the data source with Power BI Desktop to check if it is correct way.)

Best Regards
Maggie

Community Support Team _ Maggie Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks.

I already tried the links you provided.

Here's what worked, at least in IE:

• I launched my SHarePoint site and logged in.
  • In a second tab I launched Power BI and attempted to create the dataflow.
  • After receiving the error, I opened a second tab and launched Power BI, leaving the first Power BI tab open.
  • I was then able to create the dataflow.

I didn't try clearing my cache.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors