Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

tislam

Creating Reports from SQL as excel files

Hi all,

I am new to power BI. I used to use Report Builder, but i undersrtand you need Power Bi Premium to transfer all reports from Report builder to power Bi RB. I have the Pro access.

My issue is as follows. I have this report, it is a report that needs to go out to more than one customer- the same report but has customer specific data. 

The report has several tabs. The first tab is an overview of the customer and their senders and volumes.

The next few tabs are a detailed line by line breakdown of each sender.

So if Customer A has 10 senders, the first tab will be a breakdown of the counts of volumes for each sender and the next 10 tabs will be a breakdown of those volumes specific to the senders.

This should then be possible for 10 customers (so 10 reports with various tabs).

The report format does not change.

All these queries and data manipulation is done via sql queries which I have.

How can this be done on Power Bi so i can get x reports with x tabs so I can then send out to specific customers with subscriptions?

I have tried to be as clear as possible but any issues let me know. 

Really need to know this, so any guidance will help. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-frfei-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @tislam ,

RLS should help you in your scenario.

Community Support Team _ Frank
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the others find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-frfei-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @tislam ,

RLS should help you in your scenario.

Community Support Team _ Frank
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the others find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors