Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Stefanhh

Create multiple queries from a single query

Hi all,

I have managed to create a Query with a list of different tables (See image). 

Stefanhh_1-1631801083057.png

This list of tables will get bigger over time. 

For each Source I would like to expand the table DATA in a new query and name the query based on the Source value (See image below for example)

Stefanhh_2-1631801461586.png

Stefanhh_3-1631801838710.png

Is there a way to automate these steps? I want to knip the process of creating a reference query from INPUT_Tables, renaming the query, filtering the Source by the desired value and expanding the table DATA each time a new record gets added into INPUT_Tables.

Your help is verry much appreciated.

Kind Regards,

Stefan 

3 REPLIES 3
echomarie

Would love to see the solution for this. I have the same problem and it seems like it would be a pretty popular situation.

Stefanhh

Hi Edhans,

That is unfortunate to hear, but thanks for taking the time to help me. 

Regards, Stefan

edhans
Super User
Super User

Not to my knowledge. Power Query cannot create queries, rename them, delete them, or even identify them. THat is all "above" the layer of the M language. If all of those tables are the same format, you can use the Combine feature to bring them all in at once. But if they are not, and need to be brought in as separate queries with their own formatting, you will have to do as you explained. and then apply the relevant transformation steps if necessary.

I do not think it is supported, but you could conceivably do this with C scripts in Tabular Editor if you could get T/E to know the names of the tables, but I'm not sure how you could successfully pass that info to T/E, so I'm still thinking no.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!
Did my answers help arrive at a solution? Give it a kudos by clicking the Thumbs Up!

DAX is for Analysis. Power Query is for Data Modeling

Proud to be a Super User!

MCSA: BI Reporting

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors