Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Maradh
Helper I
Helper I

Create authorizations for data source (OneDrive Enterprise) manually

Hi,

I was wondering if there is a way to creates authorizations for data source manually (im using OneDrive Enterprise for my project).

I create a table in power query that generate for each row (Month and Year), the right links for the OneDrive files i need to use but i need to create authorizations but there is nothing on the data sources settings (sorry it's in french) :

Capture.PNG

If anyone can help, i feel i don't understand something

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Ok, the way the system to load data work is pretty awful honnestly...

I needed to delete all my previous authorizations with OneDrive in my list (like a reset) before retrying to load them the same way I did since the beginning.

This way, Power BI ask me again for me to connect with my professional account and then create the autorizations for my new OneDrive files.

What is weird is that, previously, I was already connected with my professional account for all other autorizations but Power BI didn't use or recognize it and directly told me i couldn't acces to the data source because it was forbidden.

This obviously need to be fix in my opinion

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-juanli-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Maradh 

There is no feature to create authorizations for data source.

If you want the end viewers to see partly of the data due to the authorizations, you could create RLS for the dataset.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/service-admin-rls

If not, could you tell me more about your requirements so that we could find a workaround for you?

Best Regards
Maggie
Community Support Team _ Maggie Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi,

Thank you for the help,

I use OneDrive Entreprise (here is a part of my OneDrive) :

112.png

The 3 first files in blue are already load in my Power BI Desktop.

The thing is, with the 2 red ones, i can't load them the same way i did with the blue ones :
123.PNG

I make sure to delete the "?web=1 at the end
124.png
125.png

Initially, I didn't wanted to load it this way, in reality i did a function to load 24 files based on the date (each month of this year and the previous) but i need to create authorization for each files in my OneDrive :

let
Mois = Table.FromRecords({[Moi = "Janvier"], [Moi = "Février"],[Moi = "Mars"],[Moi = "Avril"],[Moi = "Mai"],[Moi = "Juin"],[Moi = "Juillet"],[Moi = "Août"],[Moi = "Septembre"],[Moi = "Octobre"],[Moi = "Novembre"],[Moi = "Décembre"]})
,Annees = Table.FromRecords({[Annee = Text.From(Date.Year(Date.AddDays(DateTime.LocalNow(),-1))-1)], [Annee = Text.From(Date.Year(Date.AddDays(DateTime.LocalNow(),-1)))]})
,MoisAn = Table.AddColumn(Mois, "An", each Annees[Annee])
,MoisAn2 = Table.ExpandListColumn(MoisAn, "An")
,Excels = Table.AddColumn(MoisAn2, "Excel", each Excel.Workbook(Web.Contents("https://********.sharepoint.com/personal/******/Documents/*******/*******/********"& [An] &"*******"& [Moi] &".xlsx"), null, true))

in
Excels

I don't know if this can help you and still sorry for the french version, hope you will recognize the appearance

Ok, the way the system to load data work is pretty awful honnestly...

I needed to delete all my previous authorizations with OneDrive in my list (like a reset) before retrying to load them the same way I did since the beginning.

This way, Power BI ask me again for me to connect with my professional account and then create the autorizations for my new OneDrive files.

What is weird is that, previously, I was already connected with my professional account for all other autorizations but Power BI didn't use or recognize it and directly told me i couldn't acces to the data source because it was forbidden.

This obviously need to be fix in my opinion

Jimmy801
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hello @Maradh ,

the data source setting you are showing in your screenshot is to set if a data source is "official", "organisation" or "private".

This settings are needed for the Firewall-function to work properly. This setting is basically all about passing data from one datasource to another (table of Excel to WEB-Api etc.). And if a datasource is set to private and passed data to a official data source the query won't be executed.

If this post helps or solves your problem, please mark it as solution.
Kudos are nice to - thanks
Have fun

Jimmy

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors