Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

arhomberg
Helper I
Helper I

Create a New Column That References Previous Record in Another Table

Hello Everyone!

I am looking to find a way to create a new column in a table that looks for a record in another table with the associated id, and pulls a column from it.

arhomberg_0-1626725162064.png

Above is a picture of the current data layout. I would like to create the 'New Create Date' in my Table2 that references the previous 'systemmodstamp' in Table1 for the matching 'id', which would be "7/8/2021 19:08". You'll notice that it has to be the most recent 'systemmodstamp' for that specific record. The pattern is that the next most recent entry in the system is suppsoed to have a 'createddate' of the previous records 'systemmodstamp'.  If there is no version of the Table2 'id' in Table1, it should do nothing.

Any advice on how to approach this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Vera_33
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi @arhomberg 

You can use UI to Group Table1 by id, find the max systemmodstamp, then join Table2. 

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Vera_33
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi @arhomberg 

You can use UI to Group Table1 by id, find the max systemmodstamp, then join Table2. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors