Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

GueguenK
Regular Visitor

Create Data Connector MSACCESS

Hello

I am new in PBI Communauty.

I try to find a sample for create my first data connector.

I need to create a connector with an Access Database.

I have Allready create my Gataway but i can't find any source of this.

Have you an idea of where i can find that.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @GueguenK ,

Actually, there is an idea about adding Access as data source for on-premises gateway, you can vote it up.

In addition, I'm afraid that an Access connection can be configured for the personal Gateway. But what if using a personal gateway is no option for you” in your post. The issue that using personal gateway to connect to the MS Access DB might be related to the 32 bit/64 bit Access database.

Power BI only have 64 bit personal gateway, it is by design to leverage only 64 bits drivers. Referring to the 32 bit MS Access DB, the 64bit access driver is required on the gateway machine .You can download it from here, after that the scheduled refresh could be configured successfully.

Best  Regards,

Cherry

Community Support Team _ Cherry Gao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-piga-msft
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi @GueguenK,

If I understand your requirement correctly that you want to get data from Access Database in Power BI.

Actually, we have Access database connector in Power BI Desktop.

Get Data>> More>>Database>>Access Database

access db.PNG

In addition, there is no Access Database selection in the data source list when you add data source in data gateway in Power BI Service. 

Microsoft Access Database is not a server, it's a file. I'd like to suggest you add new datasource with 'file' type in data gateway.

Reference: https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Service/Power-BI-Enterprise-Access-Database/td-p/44075

Best Regards,

Cherry

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hello

I have allready create my gateway.

The problem is i want to connect my gateway to an access file.

gateway.jpg

I try to create a connector to do this.

connector.jpg

I want to use this gateway connector in local an online.

I want to create a connector for the refresh data.

Hi @GueguenK ,

Actually, there is an idea about adding Access as data source for on-premises gateway, you can vote it up.

In addition, I'm afraid that an Access connection can be configured for the personal Gateway. But what if using a personal gateway is no option for you” in your post. The issue that using personal gateway to connect to the MS Access DB might be related to the 32 bit/64 bit Access database.

Power BI only have 64 bit personal gateway, it is by design to leverage only 64 bits drivers. Referring to the 32 bit MS Access DB, the 64bit access driver is required on the gateway machine .You can download it from here, after that the scheduled refresh could be configured successfully.

Best  Regards,

Cherry

GueguenK
Regular Visitor

A little more details.

I am looking to put my Access database available via a gateway.

Is there another way to create a custom connector?

I would like to use this database to create Power BI reports, but I would like this data to be updated by users every day.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors