Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

JMesquitaFilho

Create Custom Column in Power Query (M language) from DAX Formula

I need to create a custom column, in power query (M language), using a formula developed in DAX language, as follows:

ValorAtual =
VAR ultimoipca =
    CALCULATE ( VALUES ( Ipca[Valor] ), TOPN ( 1, Ipca, Ipca[Data], DESC ) )
RETURN
    ROUND ( DIVIDE ( 'ReD'[Valor] * ultimoipca, [IpcaSoma] ), 2 )

'ReD'[Valor] - is a column of present table (ReD table)

Ipca[Valor] , Ipca[Data] and [IpcaSoma] - from other table (Ipca table)

Can someone help me please?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @JMesquitaFilho 

What is the [IpcaSoma] in your DAX? Is it a measure or something else? I don't see this data in your screenshots of two tables. If possible, you can use some natural language and the sample data to explain what you want to calculate in the custom column. This could help us understand the expected result better. 

Assume you already have a [IpcaSoma] column in ReD table, you can add two steps to get the custom column. 

Step #1: Add a custom step to get the latest value from Ipca table

Step #2: Create the required custom step 

let
    Source = Table.FromRows(Json.Document(Binary.Decompress(Binary.FromText("i45WMrS0tNA31Dc2VNJRcgFiXRNDUz1DYyDL0MDAQClWB1VJEBCbmxrApWMB", BinaryEncoding.Base64), Compression.Deflate)), let _t = ((type nullable text) meta [Serialized.Text = true]) in type table [Data = _t, CodNat = _t, Valor = _t, IpcaSoma = _t]),
    #"Changed Type" = Table.TransformColumnTypes(Source,{{"Data", type date}, {"CodNat", type text}, {"Valor", type number}, {"IpcaSoma", Int64.Type}}),

// Add a custom step to get the latest value from Ipca table
    ultimoipca = Table.First(Table.Sort(Ipca, {"Data", Order.Descending}))[Valor],
    // Add a custom column 
    #"Added Custom" = Table.AddColumn(#"Changed Type", "ValorAtual", each Number.Round([Valor] * ultimoipca / [IpcaSoma], 2), type number)
in
    #"Added Custom"

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Jing
If this post helps, please Accept it as Solution to help other members find it.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
serpiva64
Super User
Super User

Hi,

it's much easier if you provide some sample data

Hi, serpiva64.

In the table below (ReD) I want to create the custom column:

JMesquitaFilho_1-1675520978141.png

The table below (Ipca) contains the information I will use to update data from the ReD table:

JMesquitaFilho_2-1675521269381.png

The formula for the update is as follows (in DAX language):

ValorAtual =
VAR ultimoipca =
    CALCULATE ( VALUES ( Ipca[Valor] ), TOPN ( 1IpcaIpca[Data]DESC ) )
RETURN
    ROUND ( DIVIDE ( 'ReD'[Valor] * ultimoipca[IpcaSoma] ), 2 )

Thanks for your attention.

Hi @JMesquitaFilho 

What is the [IpcaSoma] in your DAX? Is it a measure or something else? I don't see this data in your screenshots of two tables. If possible, you can use some natural language and the sample data to explain what you want to calculate in the custom column. This could help us understand the expected result better. 

Assume you already have a [IpcaSoma] column in ReD table, you can add two steps to get the custom column. 

Step #1: Add a custom step to get the latest value from Ipca table

Step #2: Create the required custom step 

let
    Source = Table.FromRows(Json.Document(Binary.Decompress(Binary.FromText("i45WMrS0tNA31Dc2VNJRcgFiXRNDUz1DYyDL0MDAQClWB1VJEBCbmxrApWMB", BinaryEncoding.Base64), Compression.Deflate)), let _t = ((type nullable text) meta [Serialized.Text = true]) in type table [Data = _t, CodNat = _t, Valor = _t, IpcaSoma = _t]),
    #"Changed Type" = Table.TransformColumnTypes(Source,{{"Data", type date}, {"CodNat", type text}, {"Valor", type number}, {"IpcaSoma", Int64.Type}}),

// Add a custom step to get the latest value from Ipca table
    ultimoipca = Table.First(Table.Sort(Ipca, {"Data", Order.Descending}))[Valor],
    // Add a custom column 
    #"Added Custom" = Table.AddColumn(#"Changed Type", "ValorAtual", each Number.Round([Valor] * ultimoipca / [IpcaSoma], 2), type number)
in
    #"Added Custom"

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Jing
If this post helps, please Accept it as Solution to help other members find it.

Thank you very much, @v-jingzhang.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors