Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Jannikskak

Counting reports of clients on in specific group

Hello everybody.

I am quite new to PBI, and I'm trying to get acquinted with the possibilites in Power Query.

I have a dataset of some hundred thousand rows each representing a report made by contractors of different firms. Some of the firms are grouped. 

I wish to count, in a column, the reports by the name having filled out the report on condition of the report being in specific firm groups (GroupO and report classification "Single"). That is, I am in need of af DAX formula quite like the COUNTIFS of Excel. I have tried composing a collumn of the form: 

Measure =
CALCULATE(COUNT(Sheet1[Contractor]),
FILTER(ALL(Sheet1),Sheet1[c_firma_navn_aggregeret]="GroupO"),
FILTER(ALL(Sheet1),Sheet1[EM_type]="Single"))

This gives me a column of the total of reports satisfying these criteria. The problem is, that i wish to have the total number of reports peformed by each "Contractor[name]", that should give me "0" for contractors not in GroupO.
Does any of you sharp minds know my best of solving this?

Thank you very much in advance! 
1 REPLY 1
Manoj_Nair
Solution Supplier
Solution Supplier

@Jannikskak - try this DAX and let me know if this fixes your problem. Many Thanks

Measure = if(Sheet1[c_firma_navn_aggregeret]="GroupO", 
CALCULATE(COUNT(Sheet1[Contractor]),
FILTER(ALL(Sheet1),Sheet1[c_firma_navn_aggregeret]="GroupO"),
FILTER(ALL(Sheet1),Sheet1[EM_type]="Single")),0)

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors