Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

htittoto
Frequent Visitor

CountIfs by past data

559B572A-E902-49E4-8180-76467D4D1A94.jpeg

Hello,

could someone help me? I'm trying to built a column in power query to count how many times have I made a sale and, most importantly, what sale (order by brand and date) was that. The image shows that the column "Previous Sale Count by Make" is what I'm having trouble with.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

you mjust load you data and goes unde view/advance editors panel in PBI (I understood you use PBI, is it true?).

image.png

inside this panel cut and paste the lines of code you find in my post.

edit and modify so that you have a situation like this:

image.png

that is all.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

a guess for the "hard" part only 😁

you have to add these lines after your lasta step and adapt the name of yourTab and other parameter as you like:

grp = Table.Group(yourTab, {"Make"}, {{"grpMake", each Table.AddIndexColumn(_, "Prev by Make", 0, 1)}}),
    resulTab= Table.Sort(Table.ExpandTableColumn(grp, "grpMake", {"Model", "date", "Prev by Make"}),"date")
in
    resulTab

Thanks for replying @Anonymous ,

unfortunately, I couldn't quite understand how to implement it, I believe I'm not that advanced in PBI yet. Could you please explain step-by-step how to implement it a little bit more, please?

Anonymous
Not applicable

you mjust load you data and goes unde view/advance editors panel in PBI (I understood you use PBI, is it true?).

image.png

inside this panel cut and paste the lines of code you find in my post.

edit and modify so that you have a situation like this:

image.png

that is all.

Thanks @Anonymous ! 

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors