Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

titanic123
Helper I
Helper I

CountIf in PowerBi

Hi All, I am stugging doing the same as below excel sheet in Power Bi. Please help me to create the Count IF's using PowerBi DAX. I have data colums : ID,  Count(s), Ratio. Please help me with the COUNTIFS in powerBi  like #of Count(s) =COUNTIFS($B$2:$B$654,F2) and Range of Count(s) =COUNTIFS($C$2:$C$654,J2)

titanic123_0-1656823096374.png

6 REPLIES 6
Vijay_A_Verma
Super User
Super User

Use below DAX where you would need to replace Table with your table name and Field with your field name (i.e. this is $B$2:$B$654) and F2 with your value for which you want to count.

COUNTIF = 
COUNTROWS(
    FILTER(
        ALL(Table),
        Table[Field] = F2
    )
)   

Hi Vijay, Thanks for yolur quick reply. I have data from past 3 years but COUNTIFS needed only for current year.In the filter if I am adding the year its not working corrcet. Please help me.

I tried my DAX like Below for the Countif formula : =COUNTIFS($B$2:$B$654,">"&F4,$B$2:$B$654,"<="&G4)

COUNTIF =
COUNTROWS(
FILTER(
ALL('Query1'),
'Query1'[$B$2:$B$654] > 'Query1'[&F4] && 'Query1'[$B$2:$B$654] <= 'Query1'[&G4] && 'Query1'[Year]=2022
)
)

But Resultes are : titanic123_0-1656858203348.png

I used Don't summarize alos.

Is $B$2:$B$654 a field name? What about F4 and G4...

My column names in PowerBi are different, I am just representing the column names in Excel.

My DAX ; 

COUNTIF =
COUNTROWS(
FILTER(
ALL('Query1'),
'Query1'[VN_OT] > 'Query1'[Lower Limit] && 'Query1'[VN_OT] <= 'Query1'[Upper Limit] && 'Query1'[VN Year]=2022
)
)

Isn't your count correct? I tested your formula and it is giving correct count. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors