Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

vivekrathi
Frequent Visitor

Cortana integration | Dashboards dont show in Cortana instead open in browser

Hi, 

I am trying to use Cortana to call a Power BI Dashboard. I have followed all required steps and I am able to see the dashboard in Cortana search, however, when I click on it, it opens up power bi service home page in Microsoft edge. 

This is not the case with reports, The Cortana pages in my reports appear in the Cortana space and I am able to open them right there as well as interact with them. Hope this narrows down the problem.

2 REPLIES 2
v-juanli-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @vivekrathi 

Do you follow this article "https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/service-cortana-intro"?

It is said "There are no setup requirements for Cortana to be able to search your Power BI dashboards", so you don't need to set anything as this article "https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/service-cortana-enable"

Could you show what shows when you search for dashboard?

Best Regards

Maggie

Hi Maggie, Thanks for your reply

Yes,  you are right that no setup is required for enabling dashboards in Cortana, what I meant in my post was that I have followed all steps to give Cortana access to my office 365 and hence Power bi service. 

For dashboard particularly I am not doing anything different than just creating a usual dashboard. 

Below is the screenshot of the search result in Cortana:

Search results in cortanaSearch results in cortana

When I click on the search result I am taken to Power BI service. 

dashboard.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors