Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

mathdts

Converting ACL Error

Hi guys, I've a question about the integration of ACL with Power BI, I'm new here, so I don't understand  so much about the topic.

I do the connnection with ODBC and I find correctly the table I want, but, ever show me this error: 

DataSource.Error: ODBC: ERROR [HY000] [ACL][AclDSI] (7) Error converting Acl Connector string data ('Boa tarde!) to SQL type LONGVARCHAR.
Details:
DataSourceKind=Odbc
DataSourcePath=dsn=ACL ODBC 64
OdbcErrors=Table

If I delete this column where has this string, show the error on another colum, and ever is about the convertion in LONGVARCHAR.

If you need something else about more information, I'll respond as soon as possible.

Thanks guys.

I took a picture about this error:

error.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

@mathdts,

The above error message indicates that ODBC driver is not properly converting ACL's string data into an SQL equivalent. You would need to find out these text values and clean them with REGEXREPLACE function in ACL before you import data to Power BI Desktop. For more details, please review Thomas's reply in the following similar thread.

https://community.acl.com/s/question/0D5C000003v6Tv2KAE/microsoft-power-bi-connector?language=en_US

Regards,
Lydia

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

@mathdts,

The above error message indicates that ODBC driver is not properly converting ACL's string data into an SQL equivalent. You would need to find out these text values and clean them with REGEXREPLACE function in ACL before you import data to Power BI Desktop. For more details, please review Thomas's reply in the following similar thread.

https://community.acl.com/s/question/0D5C000003v6Tv2KAE/microsoft-power-bi-connector?language=en_US

Regards,
Lydia

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thanks (@v-yuezhe-msft) Lydia​ , I'll try this, and I'll get back in touch.

@mathdts,

How is the issue going?

Regards,

Lydia

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @v-yuezhe-msft

I already tried the solution of REGEXREPLACE(FieldName '\r|\n' ' ') to clean your text fields of these characters, but it didn't work, I'm still getting this error:

DataSource.Error: ODBC: ERROR [HY000] [ACL][AclDSI] (7) Error converting Acl Connector string data ('Margecca) to SQL type LONGVARCHAR.

I'd appreciate any help. Thanks in advance.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I got a solution. The non-printable TAB character also provoke this error, so the solution was to include it in the Regular expression, like this:

ALLTRIM(REGEXREPLACE(FIELDNAME; "\r|\n|\t"; ""))

Hello, could you show the example of query? I cannot find, how to apply this regulat expression

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors