Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

phth017
Regular Visitor

Control Power BI page filter via PowerApps

Hi

I have created a Power BI report connected to SharePoint list, it works as a logbook to record the date,item and quantity of certain item withdrawn or return to inventory. At every month end (not necessarily on last day of the month, could be one or two days before), I would need to generate the month end report and refresh the opening balance to say 60. I have inserted the page filter such that the report only display the records in this month. But what I need to achieve is to set the page filter to display all records from certain onwards. Understand that Power BI does not have button that could update the measure, therefore I was thinking if there's a way to pass a parameter from PowerApps to a measure in Power BI. Ultimately, where the user click the button on certain date, the page should refresh the opening balance to 60 and only display the records from the date onwards.

Does anyone have any idea on how to achieve this ?

1 REPLY 1
v-juanli-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @phth017 

"But what I need to achieve is to set the page filter to display all records from certain onwards",

What does "all records from certain onwards" mean?

"therefore I was thinking if there's a way to pass a parameter from PowerApps to a measure in Power BI"

Do you use powerapps visual in power bi and want to use the powerapp visual to filter other visuals in power bi?

"Ultimately, where the user click the button on certain date, the page should refresh the opening balance to 60 and only display the records from the date onwards"

Sorry, i don' understand what you finally want.

Please share some example of your requirement.

Best Regards

Maggie

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors