Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

dglsmason
Advocate I
Advocate I

Content Pack for CRM and Custom Fields

The lack of support for custom fields in the Dynamics CRM Online content pack really makes it unusable for me. Any idea when support for custom entities or at least custom fields will be supported? Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
ashishrj
Power Participant
Power Participant

@dglsmason Power BI Online is delivered to design Out-of-the-box reports/dashboards using available content packs. Then comes Power BI Desktop which makes customization and connecting to different data sources easy. If Power BI Online supports customization then what's the use of Desktop tool. Anyways all the major data sources are available in Desktop tool and available for scheduled refresh as of online. 

Thanks for your reply. It is extremely rare that I have a client without at least a few important custom fields. So, the only time I would likely be able to use the current version of Power BI Online is for demo purposes. Not a major complaint, just an observation. Thanks.

StNick
Regular Visitor

Are you able to use the Power BI Desktop Client / Designer, bypassing the powerbi.com pack?  I'm using the client and can select custom entities and fields.  I'm having other issues, but they do appear.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors