Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Noble
Regular Visitor

Consolidating Multiple Numbered Fields of Same Data

I'm working with some data sets that include a field such as Attachment or Comment, but in the case of this data from Jira Server, when any new comment or attachment is made, they create a new field with an underscore and a number.  For example, Attachment_73 or Comment_117.  I'm not sure what the upper limit of fields is.

It'd be nice to be able to explore attachment and comment data - especially a count of attatchments or comments.

What would be the best way to consolodate this sort of info where the number of fields is only limited by the number of times a person uses a feature in 3rd party software?

I figure it'd be nice to generate maybe an Attachments field that contains all of the attachments. Similar with Comments, and also probably a field that has a count of the attachments or comments.

How do the pros handle this kind of situation?

1 REPLY 1
dax
Community Support
Community Support

Hi Noble, 

Did you mean that the attachment and attachment_72 are columns? If so, you need to delete it manually when you want to remove duplicated column. If they are in the same column, you could try to replace  attachment_72 to attachment, then click remove duplicate row.

Best Regards,
Zoe Zhi

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors