cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jojop1972 Helper III
Helper III

Connectivity between Sharepoint and PowerBI

Hi PowerBI Community,

I have been asked to the possibility of using a Sharepoint folder for sales people to 'dump' a spreadsheet into every month with their sales targets.  However, I've hit a brick wall straight away as I'm struggling trying to connect to the Sharepoint folder from PowerBI desktop.  I used the root level https://xxxxx.sharepoint.com/ to find my folders and use an organisational account to authenticate but receive the message attached on the photo.  Can anyone shed any light. Many thanks in advanceCapture2.PNG

1 REPLY 1
rhariharaneee Resolver II
Resolver II

Re: Connectivity between Sharepoint and PowerBI

Hi

Make sure you have enough access to sharepoint and also ensure that your organisation using any internal site 

as like below https://xxxxx.sharepoint.com/XXXXX. If that is the case then pass that site name after the main URL.

Thanks

Helpful resources

Announcements
New Ranks Launched March 24th!

New Ranks Launched March 24th!

The time has come: We are finally able to share more details on the brand-new ranks coming to the Power BI Community!

‘Better Together’ Contest Finalists Announced!

‘Better Together’ Contest Finalists Announced!

Congrats to the finalists of our ‘Better Together’-themed T-shirt design contest! Click for the top entries.

Arun 'Triple A' Event Video, Q&A, and Slides

Arun 'Triple A' Event Video, Q&A, and Slides

Missed the Arun 'Triple A' event or want to revisit it? We've got you covered! Check out the video, Q&A, and slides now.

Join THE global Microsoft Power Platform event series.

Join THE global Power Platform event series.

Attend for two days of expert-led learning and innovation on topics like AI and Analytics, powered by Dynamic Communities.

Community Summit North America

Community Summit North America

Innovate, Collaborate, Grow. The top training and networking event across the globe for Microsoft Business Applications

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors