Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

jmdhazard

Connection with web folder

Hi all.

I appreciate you can help me with the following query. I know that from Power BI Desktop you can configure a local folder as a source or data source. My question is if there is any way to connect a web folder (hosted in the cloud, Google Drive, OneDrive, Dropbox, etc.) well sea with Power BI Desktop or from the Power BI service and that as with the option of The local folder can read all the files contained in the folder.

Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

@jmdhazard ,

To OneDrive for Business folder in Power BI Desktop, please enter the following URL in SharePoint Folder connector.

https://mydomain-my.sharepoint.com/personal/user_mydomain_com

To connect to SharePoint online folder, please enter root URL of your SharePoint site in SharePoint Folder connector of Power BI Desktop.

Regards,
Lydia

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Bachinin83

Hello.

I have office 365 subscription w/o sharepoint. 

How could I connect PowerBI to OneDrive personal folder?

v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

@jmdhazard ,

To OneDrive for Business folder in Power BI Desktop, please enter the following URL in SharePoint Folder connector.

https://mydomain-my.sharepoint.com/personal/user_mydomain_com

To connect to SharePoint online folder, please enter root URL of your SharePoint site in SharePoint Folder connector of Power BI Desktop.

Regards,
Lydia

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi,

How to connect the drive folder to the Web version of Power BI

tjd
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

What if we don't want to use the SharePoint connector (too slow) but rather the One Drive connector (i.e., Web.Contents) to connect to a folder in order to combine files on input?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Jmdhazard,

You can connect to Shareport folder (onedrive). If it's pesonal one drive replace "sites" with "personal"

https://mycompany.sharepoint.com/sites/folder

Sharepoint Folder setup

//Rasty

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors