Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

martintarp

Connection to exchange

I'm having problems connecting to our Exchange Server from the Power BI designer. Is there something I should be aware of? When I try to login in it says *The credentials provided are invalid*. The user and password exists in the Exchange Server. What could be wrong here?

I have no problem connecting to other services lige Google Analytics and Active Directory.

10 REPLIES 10
rino19ny

hi. i know this is old thread but have same issue. i don't find any documentation how to do this so i guess it's a "feature"?

Hi Rino19ny, can you let us know what you have tried so far? Could your UPN be different than your email address? To check, use "whoami /upn" command on the command line.

Hi guys,

Any solution?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi guys. This worked for me. Even though it says the UPN is optional, when I entered the UPN it worked just fine.

ARaniga
Frequent Visitor

Martin did you find a solution to this?

No I didn't. I'm still unable to connect to the exchange server.

Also having the same issue? Is there a minimum req for Exchange if running on premise?

ARaniga
Frequent Visitor

Hi,

I'm having a similar experience.  Unable to get through with correct credentials to connect to my exchange server.

Successful with active directory, just not exchange?

Anyone have a solution for this?

Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

On prem or O365?

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
Mastering Power BI 2nd Edition

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

The License to Power BI is on O365 but Exchange is onprem.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors