Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Ahsan_Husain

Connection to data in Moodle Database

Hi all,

Just wanted to know if anyone has had any experience with connecting to a secured moodle based data source. 

6 REPLIES 6
Wandimi

@Ahsan_Husain  did any of the solution work?

Am trying to connect my moodle DB on another server to BI but not working,

Any suggestions.?

Regards

v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

@Ahsan_Husain,

There is no connector for Moodle Database in Power BI Desktop, an idea about this issue has been submitted in this link, please vote it up.

In your scenario, consider to export data to files such as Excel and connect to the file in Power BI Desktop.

Regards,
Lydia

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Would it be possible to hire a programmer to create a Moodle connector to PowerBI. Our company has PowerBI already and would like to get it working seemlessly with Moodle. Is this possible? Intelliboard seems to be the only company that has a connector and they are pricey. 

Hi

I am currently starting to use develop a Power BI report to look at the Moodle database.

Curretnly I have a connection by using the MySql data source with the following connector

https://dev.mysql.com/downloads/file/?id=412152

I had to get our infrastructure team to setup a user account and allow port 3306 in the firewall.

Fingers crossed I get this all working

R

Earl

Would it be possible to hire a programmer to create a Moodle connector to PowerBI. Our company has PowerBI already and would like to get it working seemlessly with Moodle. Is this possible? Intelliboard seems to be the only company that has a connector and they are pricey. 

Yes. Possible. i have did so.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors