Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

RichardNelson

Connection to a Sharepoint Online list has stopped working (Password correct!)

Hi All,

New here so advance appologies for a possibly newbie question, but I have failed to find a solution already posted.

I have a PowerBI Report that pulls data from a SharePoint Online (Office365) list.

This was working fine until 23/6. Initially it failed with a "Credentials error", since resolving that I now get the following :-

"There was an error when processing the data in the dataset"

If I expand it for details it says :

"The operation is cancelled by the user"

Along with the Cluster URI, Activity ID and Request ID (for some reason Edge is refusing to let me paste these using CTRL+V)

The list structure/fields have not been changed since creating the PBi Report, other than additional items being added to it.

As I'm new to PowerBi at something of a loss as what to do next, so would be greatful for suggestions.

Thanks in advance.

4 REPLIES 4
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @RichardNelson,

"The operation is cancelled by the user"

Based on your description, the above error occurs after you add additional items to SharePoint online list. The issue could be caused by that there are erroneous values like #N/A, #NA and so on in data columns, or there are duplicates in your data source.

I would recommend that you connect to SharePoint Online list from Power BI Desktop and check if it works as expected. Also you can pull your data to Excel to check if there are any illegal characters/values and duplicates.

Thanks,
Lydia Zhang

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi Lydia,

The fields are almost all text rather than numeric, and there are some blanks, but these appear in records created before the date the data refresh stopped working as well as afterwards.

The list has a "reference number" as the first item - this does not appear to have any duplicates - an export and inport into Excel works fine.

Richard

adrianbravo
Helper I
Helper I

Hi,

Do you have Power BI Pro ?

Hi Adrianbravo,

No - the standard version. We did have a trial of Pro, but this ran out in Febuary. The issue started in June.

Richard

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors