cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Shailesh
Frequent Visitor

Connection string for Azure My SQL Database connection with power BI

How can we connect to Microsoft Azure My SQL Database?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-yuezhe-msft
Microsoft
Microsoft

Hi @Shailesh,

I make a test using Power BI Desktop to connect to Azure MySQL database, we can directly connect to the database using Get Data->MySQL database option. Enter Server name and database name in the first screenshot, then choose Database authentication, enter username and password in the second screenshot.
1.png2.PNG

You can check connection string(Server name, database name, username, password) of Azure MySQL database in Azure Portal following the instructions in this blog.

Thanks,
Lydia Zhang

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-yuezhe-msft
Microsoft
Microsoft

Hi @Shailesh,

I make a test using Power BI Desktop to connect to Azure MySQL database, we can directly connect to the database using Get Data->MySQL database option. Enter Server name and database name in the first screenshot, then choose Database authentication, enter username and password in the second screenshot.
1.png2.PNG

You can check connection string(Server name, database name, username, password) of Azure MySQL database in Azure Portal following the instructions in this blog.

Thanks,
Lydia Zhang

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Thanks @v-yuezhe-msft Now I'm able to connect.

Greg_Deckler
Super User IV
Super User IV

I haven't used an Azure My SQL database but for an Azure SQL Database, in the Azure Portal you can get the Connection String information from there. Is this running as SaaS or IaaS?

---------------------------------------

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!

I have a NEW book! 
DAX Cookbook from Packt
Over 120 DAX Recipes!

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Helpful resources

Announcements
User Groups Public Preview

Join us for our User Group Public Preview!

Power BI User Groups are coming! Make sure you’re among the first to know when user groups go live for public preview.

March Update

Check it Out!

Click here to read more about the March 2021 Updates!

secondImage

The largest Power BI virtual conference

100+ sessions, 100+ speakers, Product managers, MVPs, and experts. All about Power BI. Attend online or watch the recordings.

Top Solution Authors