Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Sumit273
Frequent Visitor

Connection Error MySQL OnPrem Gateway

Hi,

I am currently working on a dashboarding project and along with SharePoint lists I have been asked to pull data from on-prem MySQL database.  During dev on PBI Desktop, I was able to connect to the MySQL DB and everything seemed alright. Only yesterday I was given the credentials to publish the reports on the company's PBI subscription. I did and in settings section I configured the all the connections for refresh from PBI service.

But when I am trying to configure the MySQL source, it doesn't connect. I downloaded and configured the Data Gateway and created a data source for the MySQL db I am using. But some how I am unable to relate this to the dataset, which still is clinging onto the direct credentials I had passed to it while developing it in PBI Desktop.

Error1.png

This is the gateway setup that I would like to associate with the MySQL source.

Error2.png

Help needed to fix the MySQL connect issue, be it using the direct connection or gateway.

2 REPLIES 2
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Sumit273,

Based on your screenshots, you mix the Power BI personal gateway and on-premises gateway to refresh your dataset. If you want to use on-premises gateway, you don't need to enter credentials for data sources in the first screenshot. Instead, in the second screenshot, please also add SharePoint data source and web data source except MySQL data source under the registered on-premises gateway, then choose “use a data gateway” in the settings your first screenshot shows and set schedule refresh for your dataset. Check that if you can refresh your dataset in this case.

If you want to use personal gateway, you don't need to add data sources of your dataset under the registered on-premises gateway in the second screenshot, just make sure personal gateway service is running properly. You can go to Services, confirm the Data Management Gateway Service is running and make sure that the startup type of the personal gateway service is set to Automatic. Also choose “Basic” authentication type of MySQL in your first screenshot.

Thanks,
Lydia Zhang

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi @v-yuezhe-msft,

Your response helped me to configure our mysql credentials to our personal gateway. Glad I read this. Thank you so much!

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors