Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

maxchrys

Connecting with multiple client MYOB files

I see a lot of potential with the PowerBI service as a value add to clients.
I am trialling the product and seem to be able to connect MYOB data with one client data file using the MYOB app.

However, I don't seem to be able to be easily able to connect with a 2nd or 3rd client data file.
In the few instances I have been successful, the system seems to delete/eliminate the 2nd file, so that there is only one visible.
I have also tried creating a separate workspace for each client and have been able to link these files to the appropriate client workspace.

Can anyone guide me as to what is happening here?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

@maxchrys,

Do these MYOB files locate under a single MYOB account? If so, you can rename the dashboard, report and dataset before you connect to another MYOB file, for more details, please review the steps in the blog below.

http://help.myob.com/wiki/display/ar/Power+BI+Online#expand-3ConnecttotheAccountRightfile 

Regards,
Lydia

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

@maxchrys,

Do these MYOB files locate under a single MYOB account? If so, you can rename the dashboard, report and dataset before you connect to another MYOB file, for more details, please review the steps in the blog below.

http://help.myob.com/wiki/display/ar/Power+BI+Online#expand-3ConnecttotheAccountRightfile 

Regards,
Lydia

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi Lydia,

Your recommended process was very useful and allowed me to establish a couple of MYOB client data files in PowerBI.

I am trying to establish a couple more, but am having some issues.

In one case, I received an error message as follows, but I do not know how to resolve it:

We couldn't import data from MYOB AccountRight
There was an error when processing the data in the dataset.
Please try again later or contact support. If you contact support, please provide these details.
Data source error: Column 'Account.UID' in Table 'TaxCode' contains a duplicate value '2f1a31eb-f700-4ca4-8a61-63d085649e16' and this is not allowed for columns on the one side of a many-to-one relationship or for columns that are used as the primary key of a table. Table: TaxCode.
Activity ID: 7b0ac896-7151-479f-8fab-cdb1907272f6
Correlation ID: 06925222-23c4-f4fa-7489-584f30356fc1
Request ID: 17373665-5e7e-77bf-b387-f34b459df7ba
Status code: 400
Time: Tue Oct 23 2018 21:08:03 GMT+1100 (AUS Eastern Daylight Time)
Version: 13.0.7055.182
Cluster URI: https://wabi-australia-southeast-redirect.analysis.windows.net

I welcome any advice on how to resolve this.

@maxchrys,

Please check Account.UID column on your MYOB side, make sure the column contains unique values.

Regards,
Lydia

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi all,

Have you managed to combine multiple MYOB companies? So if you have two company files to combine them to get the one company file for that business? Not on a dashboard, so you can see jobs and categories across the two combined companies? 

I can get one company file in but not sure how to go about bringing in the other?

Thanks

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors