Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

nickvb
Frequent Visitor

Connecting to shared One Drive folder

Our organization stores excel data files within One Drive for business on a shared folder.  

I want to add these data files to Power BI online to allow autorefresh.

When I click Get Data --> Files --> One Drive for Business it loads the default One Drive folder that is attached to my username. 

However, I cannot navigate to (and it doesn't show) the shared folders from our organization, only my individual folder.  What am I missing? 

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Nick,

You should upload your files to Workspace OneDrive clicking on below.

Click on "..." and choose files. Then you will be navigated to workspace OneDrive where you can store your Excel and PBIX files.

You can grant access to anyone in company to these files, even without PBI access.

Capture.JPG

v-juanli-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @nickvb

As tested, it seems that connecting to shared one drive folder doesn't support currently.

As a workaround, In the latest version of Power BI Desktop(2019/2), please enter the following URL in SharePoint Folder connector, this way, you can connect to OneDrive for Business folder in Power BI Desktop.

https://mydomain-my.sharepoint.com/personal/user_mydomain_com

Best Regards

Maggie

v-juanli-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @nickvb

Did you use the same account for One Drive for Business or Power BI?

Best Regards

Maggie

Correct, it’s the same account for both.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors