Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Claudius
Advocate I
Advocate I

Connecting to comscore service failing

I'm trying to connect to comscore service source, but although I triple checked all the server info and my credentials to be correct I keep seeing the error:

"Failed to update data source credentials: Cannot connect to the data source. Ensure the data source is accessible"

Anyone successfully connected to comscore at all?

(Besides: I find it quite unnerving to see my password sent in plain text in the URL (tmi) )

4 REPLIES 4
TPalmer
Employee
Employee

The content pack does require access to the DAx APIs (such as https://dax-rest.comscore.com/v1/sitelist.csv), could you confirm you have access and your parameters match as suggested in the help page? This was previously noted in the support doc however it seems to be missing now, we'll ensure it's updated. If you're seeing any additional information in the error details that may also be useful.

Hi. Same issue here. I have the right credentials and I have admin rights including access to API. Still I cant connect to Comscore DAX. One point that I find strange. The status code 400 bad request says client=comscore although I have indicated the right (my) client name on the previous screen.

I'm having the same issue.    I also get an HTTP 400 error when i try to access

https://dax-rest.comscore.com/v1/sitelist.csv indicating the link is broken.  Could this be the cause?   I'm able to directly sign into myt comscore account with no issues

I have experienced the exact same issue roughly in the past 2 weeks. I eventually even asked Comscore Netherlands for help; but they did not had a solution ready at hand at the time. But today I solved this issue myself via a workaround. In any case it worked for me which made me very happy of course. Here is how it goes so you can test it for yourself.

Problem:
Somehow when making the connection the interface/system unintended holds 'comscore' as clientname instead of your own clientname you've submitted in combination with EU datacenter. You get an error message in the line of 'Bad request'.

Solution:
Solved by first submitting US datacenter instead of EU datacenter in combination with your client name and password. This is then followed by an error message of course, because in this case ( due to fact that the Comscore account I submitted is active in the Netherlands) I have to choose EU datacenter. But after that subsequently choosing EU datacenter in combination with the choosen client name works because the interface/system then succesfully holds the right clientname instead of clientname 'comscore'. End result was that the connection between Power BI and Comscore was succesfully made and the data was loaded into Power BI.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors