Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Bluebell

Connecting to a private teams group

I am trying to link various excel files that are all located on private team groups and getting various errors

I trying using connect excel files and obtained the access is forbidden message

Further research suggesting using link via a web page and then Sharepoint folder which i have also tried

Connecting via a sharepoint page and via a web page gives another message

The service returned an invalid token,  Please contact your IT adminstator if this issue persists.  x-ms-request-id

The process i am following as detailed below

For both sharepoint folder and web page,  i open teams and then opened the sharepoint site and copied the link so reads https://companyname.sharepoint.com/teams/sitename

I then click Ok

I then get the sign in window which if i connect via a sharepoint folder does not give me a organisation account, but i cannot sign in and I get the error message above.

Firstly, which method is the best method to use or should i be using another route to connect?

Secondly, if one of these methods is correct is this a permissions issue?

Any other hints and tips greatly appreciated

Many thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-frfei-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Bluebell ,

You can get the Excel link in Teams follow this article

op.PNGop2.PNG

Now you get the link, please remove ?web=1 string at the end of the link as mentioned in the article. 

Open the original report in Power BI desktop, go to Query Editor-> Advanced Editor, modify the source step with below: 

Source = Excel.Workbook(Web.Contents("<URL you got from above steps>"), null, true),

Community Support Team _ Frank
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the others find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-frfei-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Bluebell ,

You can get the Excel link in Teams follow this article

op.PNGop2.PNG

Now you get the link, please remove ?web=1 string at the end of the link as mentioned in the article. 

Open the original report in Power BI desktop, go to Query Editor-> Advanced Editor, modify the source step with below: 

Source = Excel.Workbook(Web.Contents("<URL you got from above steps>"), null, true),

Community Support Team _ Frank
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the others find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors