cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
3sun_Jack Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Connecting to a SharePoint List Office 365 error

Hi I am receiving the following error when I try and link a SharePoint site to Power BI

DataSource.Error: We couldn't parse OData response result.  Error: A null value was found for the property named 'Actionee1Id', which has the expected type 'Collection(Edm.Int32)[Nullable=False]'. The expected type 'Collection(Edm.Int32)[Nullable=False]' does not allow null values.
Details:
    DataSourceKind=SharePoint
    DataSourcePath=https://#######.sharepoint.com/BD/_api/Web/Lists(guid'#####-####-###-###-#####')/Items

I have seen this error before, but previously I could delete the column in question, unfortunately, this time I cannot

the field in question is a people field which is non mandatory

any help would be gratefully received

Kindest regards

Jack

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
kompas_ua Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Re: Connecting to a SharePoint List Office 365 error

I changed the ApiVersion from 15 to 14 in the Query Advanced Editor, and it works now =)

let
    Source = SharePoint.Tables("https://###.sharepoint.com/teams/Team020/", [ApiVersion = 14]),
    ProjectList = Source{[Name="ProjectList"]}[Content]
in
    ProjectList

36 REPLIES 36
Rémi Member

Hi,

Check that all lines have a value into this column.

Although, you can try to delete the "not null" property of the field (I don't know if it's possible, but it might solve your problem)

Then I advice you to put a default value into this field, otherwise the issue may appear again.

Highlighted
3sun_Jack Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

thats the problem that not all entries require this field to have a entry, i agree that if they were all populated this wouldn't be an issue. but i can not find any where where it stipulates that this field is required, it certainly isn't set in SharePoint

Rémi Member

If this field is not always set, put an entry "none" and choose it by default.

ssinchak New Member

I am having the same issue wth a task list with the assigned to field.  There is no option to set a default value for this one.  

DataSource.Error: We couldn't parse OData response result. Error: A null value was found for the property named 'AssignedToId', which has the expected type 'Collection(Edm.Int32)[Nullable=False]'. The expected type 'Collection(Edm.Int32)[Nullable=False]' does not allow null values.

Anders99 Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

This error also exists in newer versions of Power Query, we tracked it down to an error in the Query code that Power BI and the newer versions of Power Query use to query the oData feed. Quite a serious bug that needs resolving.

Update: A clarification this error will appear if you have any multichoice fields.

kleinbth Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

This error message is also been given by a multiuser field

kleinbth Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Even when I try to remove the fields in advanced mode it will give the error message.

Frequent Visitor

So, as I understood, now there is no any workarounds?

Frequent Visitor

I changed the ApiVersion from 15 to 14 in the Query Advanced Editor, and it works now =)

let
    Source = SharePoint.Tables("https://###.sharepoint.com/teams/Team020/", [ApiVersion = 14]),
    ProjectList = Source{[Name="ProjectList"]}[Content]
in
    ProjectList

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Highlights

Community Highlights

Find out what's new in the Power BI Community!

Summit North America

Power Platform Summit North America

Register by September 5 to save $200

Virtual Launch Event

Microsoft Business Applications Virtual Launch Event

Watch the event on demand for an in-depth look at the new innovations across Dynamics 365 and the Microsoft Power Platform.

MBAS Gallery

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Users Online
Currently online: 95 members 1,529 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: