cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Connecting to a Onedrive Business Folder

Hi Guys,

I have few powerpoint files in a folder on our company's one drive. I need to provide links for those files through a power bi dashboard.I did try to connect via Sharepoint List connector but everyone is getting error " There are no files might not have access".
I did try to change the folder permission and its coming as "shared ".

Please need help 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
V-pazhen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@Anonymous 

Which sharepoint page did you use to connect, you should use the address (also known as a URL) of your SharePoint Online home site that contains your list. 

Please refer to: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/connect-data/desktop-sharepoint-online-list#part-1-connect-to-your-sharepoint-list 

Paul Zheng _ Community Support Team
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
V-pazhen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@Anonymous 

Which sharepoint page did you use to connect, you should use the address (also known as a URL) of your SharePoint Online home site that contains your list. 

Please refer to: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/connect-data/desktop-sharepoint-online-list#part-1-connect-to-your-sharepoint-list 

Paul Zheng _ Community Support Team
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

lbendlin
Super User III
Super User III

Yon need to use either Sharepoint Folder connector or the Sharepoint Contents manual connection.  Lists are for something else.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI User Groups

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group!

MBAS on Demand

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

July 2021 Update 768x460.png

Check it out!

Click here to read more about the July 2021 Updates

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors