Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

vinter
Frequent Visitor

Connecting to MySQL via Personal Gateway

Hi

I am getting an error when connecting a report to a MySQL database through the Personal Gateway. My problem is similar to this, but the solution there is no solution here. I don't see how Power BI allows me to show error messages in English, so you are going to have to live with my translations together with Power BI's beautiful mixture of languages.

I have a report created in Power BI Desktop on a computer where the Personal Gateway is also installed. Data refresh works fine in the report, so I upload it to the cloud.

Capture1.JPG

I am told, the credentials are wrong

Capture2.JPG

So I go and edit them, but now I am told, the correct data provider is missing

Capture3.JPG

I go to the link

Capture4.JPG

However, installing the file there does not solve the problem and I get the exact same error.

I search for "64-bit (x64) 'MySQL Connector/Net" and find there is a newer version than the one in the link. However, it is only 32 bit:

Capture5.JPG

Installing that does not mend the problem and then I am lost. Can you think of anything to try?

Thanks in advance!

5 REPLIES 5
KevinEpiSound
Regular Visitor

Hey Vinter!

We are running into the same problem, we have installed the connector but are still facing the same problem. I will today look for workarounds/solutions, and will get back later today or tomorrow.

// Kevin @ EpidemicSound

Great, I would love to hear that! Also good to hear it is not me being completely wacko.

Hi again,

what I did yesterday was that instead of publishing  from PBI Desktop, I uploaded the .pbix file from PBI Online.

"Get data"-tab, under files, and select your .pbix file, after that schedule refresh worked fine!

Try that 🙂

@KevinEpiSound wrote:

what I did yesterday was that instead of publishing  from PBI Desktop, I uploaded the .pbix file from PBI Online.

"Get data"-tab, under files, and select your .pbix file, after that schedule refresh worked fine! 

Great idea, but unforturnately, it does not help. I get the same error:

Little triangle - "credentials are wrong" - "Must install data provider".

@KevinEpiSound @vinter I have the same problem & exact error message..Get data don't help..if you have any other suggestions. 

Maybe my case is a bit different. The personal gateway is installed on Azure VM ( always on ) and I try to upload the PBIX from my laptop. MySQL domain is different than in Laptop or VM. When I refresh pbix from my laptop is working great ( at the beginning I have the same issue but I downloaded the latest net provider as also MySQL workbench & utilities )..

Hope there is a solution or workaround...First time I connect to MySQL so no experience..

Konstantinos Ioannou

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors