Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

opticshrew
Resolver II
Resolver II

Connecting to Microsoft Teams using Power Bi

Hi folks,

Has anyone tried connecting up to Microsoft Teams using Power Bi to monitor message and phone call data. We currently monitor this with Skype for Business however with our recent integration of Teams is appears this is no longer possible unless we do a excel export.

Any ideas/tips would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

J

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

@opticshrew,

You can connect to Office 365 Adoption Content Pack in Power BI Service. As stated in this article, usage data for Teams will be included in this content pack.

At the beginning of 2018, the content pack will be renamed to Usage Analytics and will reach general availability with an updated version that will include new metrics on teamwork and collaboration, usage data for Microsoft Teams, Yammer Groups and Office 365 Groups, and more.

Regards,
Lydia

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

yoshihirok
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

Yes, 

I post a Power BI Idea 'Microsoft Teams as Data Source'.

https://ideas.powerbi.com/forums/265200-power-bi-ideas/suggestions/35032543-microsoft-teams-as-data-...

what do you think?

Please vote when agree

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
yoshihirok
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

Yes, 

I post a Power BI Idea 'Microsoft Teams as Data Source'.

https://ideas.powerbi.com/forums/265200-power-bi-ideas/suggestions/35032543-microsoft-teams-as-data-...

what do you think?

Please vote when agree

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @yoshihirokwhy the RLS is not working in teams. i have create pbix and it has all the RLS functioninng well at cloud workspace but when i posted to Teams, seems RLS not supported there. any idea Pls?

v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

@opticshrew,

Could you please describe more details that how you connect to Microsoft Teams from Power BI? What error message do you get currently?

Regards,
Lydia

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi @v-yuezhe-msft

I'm not getting an error.

We track messages and phone calls through skype using the database in the back end.

Is there a way to do something similar with Teams, can we track phone calls and messages through some form of back end?

Thanks,

J

@opticshrew,

I am not quite clear about your requirement? Do you want to track Teams data using Power BI?

Regards,
Lydia

HI @v-yuezhe-msft

Yes, sorry if I wans't clear.

I want to track Teams usage data for an organisation using Power Bi. This would include the number of phone calls and messages sent using Teams.

Thanks,

Jay

@opticshrew,

You can connect to Office 365 Adoption Content Pack in Power BI Service. As stated in this article, usage data for Teams will be included in this content pack.

At the beginning of 2018, the content pack will be renamed to Usage Analytics and will reach general availability with an updated version that will include new metrics on teamwork and collaboration, usage data for Microsoft Teams, Yammer Groups and Office 365 Groups, and more.

Regards,
Lydia

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @opticshrew,  why the RLS is not working in teams. i have create pbix and it has all the RLS functioninng well at cloud workspace buit when i posted to Teams, seems RLS not supported there. any idea Pls?

@v-yuezhe-msft

Would my account require any specific permissions?

Thanks,

Jay

@opticshrew,

You have to be either a global administrator, Exchange administrator, Skype for Business administrator, or SharePoint administrator.

Reference:
https://support.office.com/en-ie/article/enable-the-power-bi-adoption-content-pack-for-office-365-9d...

Regards,
Lydia

Hi All,

is it possible to retrieve detail information regarding the user on when they use the product and 

how many times.

I successfully retrieve the usage and adoption of office 365 , but it is on the aggregated level.

At the following screenshot, you can see that userActivity table exists, but when i tried to expand it.
The information is blank. Is there any way i can retrieve those details information ?

Annotation 2020-04-09 130155.png2.png

any help is kindly appreciated.

Best Regards,

Darwin Poso

I too have been runing into issues with these 2 tables. We would really like to see the adoption rate by department.

I also would like to see a PSTN/Dial-in breakdown on the template. I guess that I can build.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors