Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

nsvrana

Connecting to Insightly never finishes

Hi there, I'm attempting to connect to Insightly through the PowerBI web service, but unfortunately it seems to be failing.  I enter my account key and click "sign in", a spinning animation appears, and nothing ever happens. I've checked my API key (and tried resetting it to a new one) and everything appears to be correct.

Unfortunately PowerBI isn't displaying any errors (I know it's using the Insightly REST API, maybe it could pass through 400 errors so we know what's going on?) and there is no debugging for the API on the Insightly side of things. What's the next step to troubleshoot?

As a note, I've tried this from two browsers (Chrome and Edge) and given it as much as 30 minutes. Something has timed out somewhere, I'm just not sure where.

Edit: same API key works fine in Microsoft PowerApps.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@v-qiuyu-msft - that's correct. The issue resolved itself after a week of trying on its own.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
PatrickS1

Hello,

If you have a lot of data in your account it may take a while for Power BI to synchronize. Typically you will get an error message if something goes wrong, e.g. if sync did not complete you should get an email about it. If the problem persists please open up a support ticket with Insightly so that we can investigate further.

Best Regards,
Patrick

Thanks Patrick, I'll open up a support ticket. I have <10 contacts and projects (new account) and I'm not getting any emails from PowerBI.

Hi @nsvrana,

Did you open a support ticket? Based on my test, I can import Insightly content pack to Power BI service successfully. I guess the issue should be related to machine or account specific. In your scenario, please clear the browser cache, and try my account key: 009058fe-c46f-419e-8806-7d58ea89e132 to see if you can get data successfully.

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi  @v-qiuyu-msft,

I opened a support ticket with both teams, Microsoft and Insightly, and neither were able to fix my issue. I tried on a couple of different computers, web browsers, etc.

Then last week I randomly went on and tried and it all worked fine and has been working ever since.

Hi @nsvrana,

It seems the issue is gone automatically, right?

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

@v-qiuyu-msft - that's correct. The issue resolved itself after a week of trying on its own.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors