Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

ReichC
Regular Visitor

Connecting to ESRI SDE Oracle Database

All,

Apologies if this has been posted elsewhere, but I haven't had much luck finding a definite answer.

We use an ESRI SDE Oracle database to maintain all of our spatial data - is it possible to add this data source into PowerBI using the Oracle Database Connection?

When I try to connect I receive an error saying that I need to have a different version of Oracle installed. However, IT ishesitant to go down that path and install both 32 and 64 bit versions of Oracle on my machine.

Has anyone had success with integrating an ESRI SDE Oracle database into PowerBI?

Thanks! 

1 REPLY 1
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @ReichC,

In my opinion, it should be able to connect to geodatabase in Oracle use Oracle data source type in Power BI Desktop. In your scenario, the issue is related to Power BI Desktop version is not matched with Oracle client. If your Oracle client is 32 bit, you need to install 32 bit Power BI Desktop. Please check this article: Connect to an Oracle database.

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors