Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Prasad1
Helper I
Helper I

Connecting JD Edwards to Power BI

Hi

We are using JD Edwards (On AS/400). I want to use Power BI on JD Edward ERP data. May I know is there any automated way to connect JD Edwards to Power BI?

Thanks in advance.

Regards

Prasad

5 REPLIES 5
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

@Prasad1,

You use JD Edwards on AS/400, it means that you can get JD Edwards data by connecting to IBM DB2 database for AS/400.

In this case, you can use IBM DB2 Database connector in Power BI Desktop to connect to the database. Or you can create ODBC connection to AS400 following the guide in this blog, then use the ODBC connector in Power BI Desktop to connect to this ODBC data source.

Regards,
Lydia

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi Lydia

Thank you very much for your response. Will ask our Admin to follow as advised.

Will post the status here after completion of the task.

Thanks

Prasad

Did you complete the task?

You can connect Power BI to any JD Edwards database. IBM, Oracle, and SQL Sever. Just choose the Server and Database and connect. 

The trouble is how to make since out of the data you get back ie decimals, julian dates, table joins, business logic, etc. Also, it is not a best practice to frequently query a production transaction system. If you are interested in a more turnkey solution check out www.PreferredStrategies.com. 

Hello, 

We have developed a QuickLaunch solution that connects JD Edwards ERP to Power BI. We include a SSAS Tabular model with overe 20 perspectives and 1500 pre-defined measures and KPIs. Please check our our website at www.PreferredStrategies.com or find us in the Power BI Partners section of PowerBI.com. 

Thanks, 

David Kettinger

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors