Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

tomdosfre
Advocate I
Advocate I

Connecting BIRST into Power BI

All,

Thanks for your contributions, I'm learning a lot with these groups.

I'm looking at bringing in data from BIRST into Power BI and wanted to understand options. BIRST allows for ODBC but it doesn't work quite well (development problems on BIRST side).

Any ideas? I'm looking for the easiest and fastest solution as we are running a PoC.

Thanks!

5 REPLIES 5
piyush0308
Frequent Visitor

Thanks all. November's release introduced SAP HANA integration. I'm testing that as well as we have our spaces hosted there. Will let know anyone interested, just ping me and I'll help.

PowerBIGuy
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

Have you looked at contecting via Birst web services API ?

https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/developers

Business Intelligence Architect / Consultant

Hi, thanks for your reply! Tried but not working so far. I was hoping we would get a direct connector just as we have for many other data sources (Salesforce, Facebook, etc.).

I'll keep trying that but no luck yet. Any other ideas? 

thank you

I don't know what type of development problems are going on with the ODBC but the only other thing i can think of is nightly SSIS jobs into a data warehouse using SSIS via ODBC or Rest. Using SSIS to account for any connection issues and ensure completeness of data. without ever having ETL'd data from birst before this is my best guess at a solution. Connect to Power BI via your data warehouse i'm thinking a more powerful ETL tool may help elevate the connection issues but i could be wrong.  

Business Intelligence Architect / Consultant

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors