Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

ashvin
Frequent Visitor

Connecting Azure Machine learning models in PowerBI desktop (NON_premium account)

Hello,

I tried to access my ML models( from ML workspace) inside PowerBI desktop using a NON-PREMIUM account but didn't see any models listed in my powerBI desktop. I did grant access to my powerBI id under Access Control (IAM) of my ML workspace and subscription list.

As per Microsoft (link below), text analytics and cognitive services are for premium id only. Is it the same for ML models or I am missing something?

Has anyone tried to access ML models with NON-PREMIUM id?

Nov release- https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/power-bi-desktop-november-2019-feature-summary/#aiFunctions

7 REPLIES 7
CB2022
Employee
Employee

Did you guys check the "Scoring Script" which is mandatory for the PowerBI , AML integration ? 
Tutorial: Create the predictive model with a notebook (part 1 of 2) - Azure Machine Learning | Micro...

aespin
Regular Visitor

Hi! Does anyone have a solution for this? 

I have deployed an endpoint, which is up and running, and I'm trying to use this endpoint in Power BI Desktop as per this tutorial https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/connect-data/service-aml-integrate?context=azure%2fmachine... in the section "In the Home ribbon of the Power Query Editor, select the Azure Machine Learning button".

The deployed endpoint does not show up in the list, nor does it show up in the AI Insights list in power query online when using dataflows.

I had no luck with a pro account or the premium trial.

dax
Community Support
Community Support

Hi ashvin, 

Based on my research, I find that "This functionality is currently only supported for Power BI dataflows, and for Power Query online in the Power BI service."

You could refer to Azure Machine Learning integration in Power BI  for details.

Best Regards,
Zoe Zhi

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

ashvin
Frequent Visitor

Hello @dax ,

The link you have shared is of May 2019, but after November 2019 update this option is available in desktop version- Power Query Editor.

I have a pro account and I am not able to access the ML models in PBI desktop. In the link that I shared earlier its mentioned that Text analytics and Cognitive services are Premium only features but no comments about ML models. My guess is ML is also a Premium only feature, but there is not documents to verify this.

ashvin
Frequent Visitor

I figured out the problem, my container instance corresponding to the ML model in azure portal was not running and so the models were not visible in PBI desktop. After switching them ON, my ML models are now accessible in PBI desktop.

ashvin
Frequent Visitor

Hello @dax ,

I am having the same problem even when my container instances are running. 

Performed a stop/start operation on my container instances and still the same problem. 

Do you have any advise?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@dax do you happen to have any solution for this? I am also having similar issue, I have read access to model and and everything is up and running but I am not able to see any models in desktop.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors