Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Connect to sharepoint list with links

Hi All,
I have a sharepoint2010 list with links in them.

How should I load the data?
In this example, I have a list and the vehicle column is a link to other parts of SP.

If I load the list, I see all columns besides the links.

I can see the same list as a calendar as well, if I can load it as calendar, it also will be great.

Any ideas? Workarounds?

2019-02-01 15_04_07-Window.png

Thanks!

5 REPLIES 5
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

@Anonymous ,

You define Hyperlink field in SharePoint, right? If so, to get this field in Power BI Desktop, you can expand the FieldValuesAsText column and use web URL data category. For more details, please check the following blog.

https://whitepages.unlimitedviz.com/2018/04/powerbi-report-hyperlink-picture-fields-sharepoint/

Regards,

Lydia

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @v-yuezhe-msft 

Thanks for the answer.

However my list does not contain hyper-links as ddescribed in the article above.

I have a column that have clickable values. These values open a new pop-up window with the object's details. This is an internal object in sharepoint.

For example, I have a list with vehicles rego numbers. clicking the value will open a new window with all vehicle details - Model, year, make, fuel type, etc.
When importing the list, I cannot see the column 'Vehicle' as all. I do see the other values.

2019-02-18 09_24_30-Vehicle Bookings - All Bookings - Internet Explorer.png

v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

@Anonymous,

What do you mean that load it as calendar in Power BI Desktop? Do you want to show data as the above screenshot in Power BI Desktop? If so, you might need to create a visual organizing in Power BI.

Regards,
Lydia

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

That is a minor issue.

The question is how to get those links from shre point?!

Thanks!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors