Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

P-2019
Frequent Visitor

Connect to Shared Calendars

Hi,

I want to connect with several shared calendars in PowerBI.

Is that possible?

I'm able to connect with my own Calendar, but not with the shared Calendars.

When I connect to the shared calendar in Outlook I can see the data, but I can't connect to it with Power BI.

Under Get Data I opted for "Microsoft Exchange Online". In the field that follows I entered the mailaddress of the shared mailbox. When I select "calendar" I receive the following message:

image.png

Is there a way to connect with a shared Calendar?

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
P-2019
Frequent Visitor

Hi,

I have it working now.

This how it worked for me (but i don't know if there is also an alternative solution).

- Get data-> Exchange online-> entered the mailaddress from the colleague who shared his agenda with me

- select Microsoft account, entered my credentials

- Select calendar 

At this point I received the following error message: 

DataSource.Error: ErrorItemNotFound: The specified object was not found in the store., The process failed to get the correct properties.
Details:
DataSourceKind=Exchange
DataSourcePath=[mail address from the colleague]
Details=

to solve this I let my colleague set the right ons his mailbox to show the folder.

(Dutch Screenshot)

image.png

View solution in original post

19 REPLIES 19
LucaSilva1998

Bom dia,

Pessoal segui os passos evidenciados neste link aqui e consegui fazer a conexão: https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Community-Blog/Connecting-to-Shared-Calendar-in-Power-BI-Desktop-am....

Atenciosamente,

LucaSilva1998

Olá,

Pessoal segui os mesmos passos mas esbarrei nos mesmos erros. Vocês conhecem um outro caminho para solucionar este erro?

Atenciosamente,

darmstrong
Frequent Visitor

Hi, is there any update on this? I am experiencing the same issues and am keen to get this working.

Thanks

danihello

Dosent work for me either it is really frustrating.

If anyone solved it I would like to hear about it as well.

v-juanli-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @P-2019 

What "mailaddress of the shared mailbox" do you enter? (hide the privacy info)

I have success test before:

My mailaddress of Outlook is ***@microsoft.com, this is also the account used for my Power BI.

Get data-> Exchange online->enter ***@microsoft.com,

select Microsoft account, enter the account "***@microsoft.com" and its password,

select a shared mailbox(Meeting Requests on my side)

Please check if there are any security and accessibility problems on Exchange side, there is a similar thread for your reference: Connection with shared rooms in exchange

If you connect to shared mailbox, please make sure that it is not a on-premise mailbox, but a O365 online mailbox.

Best Regards
Maggie

Community Support Team _ Maggie Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi @v-juanli-msft ,

Thanks for your reply.

I've tried it with the same steps you described, but can't see the shared calendars.

1. Get data-> Exchange online->entered my mailaddress

2. select Microsoft account, -> entered my credentials

next i will see the following:

image.png

Under Calendaar are only my appointments and under "Meeting request" is see only my meetingsrequests.

I also tried it with a seperate impersonate account that have the full rights on every calendar. 

We are using only O365 mailboxes.

P-2019
Frequent Visitor

We are using only O365 mailboxes.

.....at least that's what I think. How can I check this?

P-2019
Frequent Visitor

Hi,

I have it working now.

This how it worked for me (but i don't know if there is also an alternative solution).

- Get data-> Exchange online-> entered the mailaddress from the colleague who shared his agenda with me

- select Microsoft account, entered my credentials

- Select calendar 

At this point I received the following error message: 

DataSource.Error: ErrorItemNotFound: The specified object was not found in the store., The process failed to get the correct properties.
Details:
DataSourceKind=Exchange
DataSourcePath=[mail address from the colleague]
Details=

to solve this I let my colleague set the right ons his mailbox to show the folder.

(Dutch Screenshot)

image.png

Anonymous
Not applicable

is it possible to show an English screenshot?

Hi,

I found a screenshot on the internet, but I think it's an older Outlook version.

It is the option "Folder visible" on the tab "Permissions" 

image.png

rlu
Frequent Visitor

Are there extra steps I have to take for an online calendar that was shared with me? When I right click and select Properties in Outlook for the calendar I want to connect, I only have the General tab

Outlook PowerBI connection.png

Anonymous
Not applicable

Bump

I need this too!

Please help

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @P-2019 ,

Did you have to fill in mailaddress AND password of the shared outlook account or mailaddress was enough to connect to the shared calender. I tried with shared calender and visible map as you suggested but still got the Error.

Hi @Anonymous 

First you have to fil in the email address of the shared calendar. When you are asked for credentials, you ust fill in your own credentials.

Which error do you recveive?

Regards,

Anonymous
Not applicable

tnx for your quick reply @P-2019 

I get the ErrorItemNotFound message 

Hi @Anonymous ,

Have you followed the correct steps?

Dp you also have read rights on the calendar?

- Select Microsoft account, enter your own credentials

- Select calendar

Regards,

I never got this to work either. Think its an Outlook privacy issue (even though the calendar is shared with me I can't pull it up) rather than a BI issue. Still getting the same error as in the original post in this thread. 

Hi, I am having the same problem. How did you get this image to appear? Is this within the settings in Outlook? If so, where did you find it under? image.png

P-2019
Frequent Visitor

Hi,

You can open this window by clicking the right mouse button on the Calendar in Outlook and then choosing "Properties".

The setting is on the Authorization tab.

Best regards,

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors