Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

bobsawyer
Regular Visitor

Connect to Quickbooks Online failure

I am using Power BI online and attempting to Get Data from Quickbooks Online. (Get Data > Services > Quickbooks Online > Connect).

The "Connect to Quickbooks Online" window appears, and I to click "Sign In."

The "Authorize Intuit to securely share your data to Microsoft Power BI" window appears and I click "Authorize."

The "Microsoft Power BI and Quickbooks Online are now connected!" window appears, and then closes and returns to the "Connect to Quickbooks Online" window.

On that screen, I receive this error message: Failed to update data source credentials: The credentials you provided for the data source are invalid. Please ensure the credentials you have provided for all the data sources are valid.

I do have Master Admin privileges in Quickbooks Online, and I am using the U.S. version of the product. I also attempted as a Company Admin. No success. I'm using Safari 8.0.8 and Firefox 39.0.3 on a Mac. No success in either.

Would love some advice on how to move forward.
7 REPLIES 7
escott39

I am having the same issue...

Jimenda

Same issue here

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm having the same issue.  Just replying to receive updates.  Thank you.

freshroy

Ive been having this same issue since september 1st. I initially connected our QBO account successfully and was building reports etc. On 9/1/2015 the data soruce failed to refresh and ever since then ive been getting the "invalid credentials error".  Please help

Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

Send a frowny face to support, upper right smiley face icon.

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
The Definitive Guide to Power Query (M)

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

Ok, I did that. We'll see what happens.

After I sent a negative review to customer service (smiley face "feedback" icon in upper right corner of PowerBI web interface), I was contacted by PowerBI customer service and asked to submit a trace using Fiddler. I followed the instructions and submitted the trace. (Had to download and use the buggy OSX version.)

I have not heard back from Microsoft, and the issue is still not resolved. I re-contacted them by email today. Will post back if I receive a response.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors