cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Re: Connect Power BI Desktop to file folder on OneDrive for Business

Thank you Lydia, but I have a problem with my user name. It seams that because my user name is firstname.lastname@domain.cl it does not work. We tried with other colleages who had no peroid in the user and it work...Any solution to that? Thanks again,

María 

Highlighted
Advocate I
Advocate I

Check out my updated response here: https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Integrations-with-Files-and/Need-to-load-all-Excel-files-in-a-given...

This is a much faster and intuitive solution.

Highlighted
Helper II
Helper II

@hugoventurini Thanks very much for proposing this feature, i have voted it up Hugo. I am attempting to do to the same thing, which is to iterate through a OneDrive for Business FOLDER (and not just a single file). Is there any new/updated approach to do this now? As you mentioned, it is more difficult to edit and filter to specific files from the root , but rather there should be a way to connect directly to a folder. 

Highlighted
Advocate I
Advocate I

@sviswan2 As explained here, just switch SharePoint.Files to SharePoint.Contents and you'll be able to navigate to your specific folder without filtering. This solution is simple, fast and effective, it just requires you to make that minor change in the formula bar as this is not an available option in Get Data.

Helpful resources

Announcements

August Community Highlights

Check out a full recap of the month!

Experience what’s next for Power BI

Join us for an in-depth look at the new Power BI features and capabilities at the free Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Top Solution Authors