Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

kzoppo

Conditionally Join Tables with M

HI, I am new to queries and have searched high and low for a way to do what I am trying to do but unfortunately I can't seem to figure out how to adapt any solutions to my problem!

I have 7 multiple choice quizzes in Microsoft Forms that I am using power automate to download the responses when someone submits. I would like to have all quizzes dump into a single sheet and assess the results for each respondee but each quiz has their own answer table. Thus far I have been able to follow the link below to create one quiz that looks at one answer table and tells me how many points a respondee has received based on their answers.

https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/gxcuf89792/board/message?board.id=MicrosoftForms&message.id=3304... 

So, in short- one quiz respondee table with a column for quiz title that is able to use the quiz title to direct to which answer table to use. I have also considered having a single answer table that also has a column for quiz title but I still can't solve how to make that a conditional factor when the Table.NestedJoin occurs.

I would like to stick to M as I'm honestly not even sure how to go about putting in DAX.

This is a link to the workbook:

https://swainc-my.sharepoint.com/:x:/g/personal/kzoppo_swinter_com/EQ--OQK1DbhPlJS1b0_8XPkBxPgnTfNoM... 

Thank you in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AlexisOlson
Super User
Super User

The key here is to load all the answers into a single table like this:

Quiz Name

QuestionAnswerPoints
Module 1Q1a0
Module 1Q1b1
Module 1Q1c0
Module 2Q1All of the above1
Module 2Q1Budget0

Then you can merge on two columns Quiz Name and Question instead of just Question.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
AlexisOlson
Super User
Super User

The key here is to load all the answers into a single table like this:

Quiz Name

QuestionAnswerPoints
Module 1Q1a0
Module 1Q1b1
Module 1Q1c0
Module 2Q1All of the above1
Module 2Q1Budget0

Then you can merge on two columns Quiz Name and Question instead of just Question.

@AlexisOlson- that was so simple, I was thinking too much into it. Thank you!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors