cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PowerUp1
Microsoft
Microsoft

Conditional Refresh Based on Date

I'd like to construct a refresh that only executes when the date is more than the 5th day of the month.  The table is a calendar table that automatically moves the current period designations along with the current calendar date.  During that first week is when the analysis of the month occurs.  Freezing the calendar dimensions is needed.

However, the other data tables would need to continue to be refreshed during that first week.

Any ideas?

4 REPLIES 4
v-yingjl
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @PowerUp1 ,

As far as I know, currently 'conditional refresh' would mean incremental refresh to refresh the date range data in power bi.

Please refer this document about incremental refersh: Incremental refresh in Power BI 

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Yingjie Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

PowerUp1
Microsoft
Microsoft

Hi @Jimmy801 

Thanks for the thoughts.

The data set is a comprehensive date table which provides a number of relative values.  For example, if refreshed on February 28th the compared periods are all relative to February (prior year month, same month prior quarter, etc.).  Once refreshed in March all of those relative periods change.

I don't have control over the date table, therefore looking to 'pause' the refresh for that table only to give a window for analysis.

Your comment about referring to another table might work if I combined it with a M If statement.  Let me play with that.

Jimmy801
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hello @PowerUp1 

okay, give it a try and let us know

BR

Jimmy

Jimmy801
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hello @PowerUp1 

I don't know anything about conditional refresh in this regard. What exactly is your query containing? Is it applying a filter based on a date or choosing a file according to the date?

Because the only thing you could do is to include in your query a if step that checks the current day and if its >5 then query is running normally and if not refer to a other table, file or apply another filter.

If this post helps or solves your problem, please mark it as solution (to help other users find useful content and to acknowledge the work of users that helped you)
Kudoes are nice too

Have fun

Jimmy

Helpful resources

Announcements
May 23 2022 epsiode 5 without aka link.jpg

The Power BI Community Show

Welcome to the Power BI Community Show! Jeroen ter Heerdt talks about the importance of Data Modeling.

charticulator_carousel_with_text (1).png

Charticulator Design Challenge

Put your data visualization and design skills to the test! This exciting challenge is happening now through May 31st!

Power BI Dev Camp Session 22 with aka link 768x460.jpg

Check it out!

Mark your calendars and join us on Thursday, May 26 at 11a PDT for a great session with Ted Pattison!

Power BI Release May 2022 768x460.png

Check it out!

Click here to read more about the May 2022 updates!